What personal information is collected and how is it used?
- Information collected directly from you and others through this Website or online channel
- We collect personal information directly from you to do all the things typically associated with electronic and mobile commerce Websites. Examples of the information we collect include name, address, mobile phone number, email address, personal preferences, credit card number, purchase and ordering information, demographical information, and responses to survey questions.
- This information is collected at various places on our site: for instance, when you check out with your online order, or subscribe to email newsletters.
- We collect information about you and, if you provide it, we collect information about those you know. For example, we collect your gift recipient’s contact information to process your gift orders.
- We use this collected information to do things like:
- Process your online orders.
- Open an online account at your request.
- Personalize your online experience with content and offers that are tailored to your interests.
- Provide customer service, whether it’s responding to a request or following up on an order.
- Market our products and services (for instance, we may add you to our email or mailing list when you make an online purchase).
- Patient registration with Beverly Wilshire.
- Information we observe or collect through technology
- Navigational and location information
- When you visit this Website or an online channel where this policy is linked, we collect navigational information, such as browser type and version, service-provider identification, IP address, the site from which you came, and the site to which you navigate. Navigational information is largely anonymous in the sense that it doesn’t contain your name, address, phone number, email address or other information that directly identifies you. However, we may associate this navigational information with your personal information if you provide it. When collecting the IP address, we may also be able to determine location information such as city, state, country, a designated marketing area and the ISP being used. We will also collect the type of mobile device you are using when connecting to our mobile website so we can provide the mobile website version best suited for your device.
- Cookies and clear gifs
- To better understand what you do while on our site, we use a browser feature known as a cookie. A cookie is a small data file that’s stored by your web browser on your computer or device. It’s used to do things like see how you navigate our Website, and remember you and your online purchases when you return. This helps us improve our site, provide better customer care, tailor your online experience, and tailor offers to you based on your unique tastes, location and/or purchase history.
- We also use clear-gifs (also known as a Web beacon, pixel tags or Web bug) on our Website, mobile site, microsites, and social media pages and in our emails. A clear gif is a nearly invisible pixel-sized graphic image on a Web page, Web-based document or email message. It helps us do things like view the URL of the page on which the clear gif appears and the time our Web site or email in question is viewed. Clear gifs in emails help us confirm the receipt of, and response to, our emails, including those that you forward to friends and family; and they help deliver a more personalized online experience.
- Overall, these technologies may be used to help us see which of our interactive experiences online users like most: for example, by keeping track of the number of times a video, widget or other media is accessed or embedded on social networking sites; and on which social networking sites it is embedded, based on inquiries that are sent to our Website.
- Navigational and location information
What information do we share with partners and third parties?
- We are committed to the security of all information associated with our customers. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. Any personal information you provide will only be used for the purpose for which you have provided it and will not be added to any third party mailing lists.
- However, we may disclose specific information about our Website visitors if we have a good-faith belief that it’s necessary or authorized under the law to protect our customers, the public, or our business.
- We use third party couriers to help with delivering goods. When we supply Personal Identifiable Information to these third parties, we require them to use it only for the function they are helping us with.
What choices do you have?
- We prefer to keep your personal information accurate and up-to-date. You may update or modify your billing and shipping related information, and other account information, by logging onto our sites.
- If you use our bulletin boards, post user comments regarding content available through www.beverlywilshiremedical.com, www.beverlywilshiredental.com, Beverly Wilshire mobile site or microsite, our social media pages, or engage in similar activity, please remember that anything you post is publicly available. Portions of your user profile will also be available to other users of our websites.
How do we secure your information on our site?
During sessions in which you give us information such as credit card numbers, we encrypt your transmissions using SSL (“Secure Sockets Layer”), and other security technology. This guards against interception of the information while it is on the Internet. We keep the Personal Identifiable Information you provide on servers that are protected by firewalls and other technological means against intrusion or unauthorized access. They are located in a physically secure facility, however, there is no such thing as 100% security on the Internet. We rely on you to select passwords that cannot be guessed easily and to safeguard those passwords from disclosure.